Cardio kickboxing is a fun and exciting full body work out with many benefits. You can lose inches, tone your arms, legs, and core all while learning self-defense techniques. Here are six benefits of cardio kickboxing:
1. Total body exercise. Cardio kickboxing is a total body workout. Constantly exercising a just one part of your body can cause unwanted results. For example, everyone has abs muscles under their fat, but only doing crunches or ab workouts without pairing it with cardio will actually make you gain inches around the waste as your ab muscles grow but you’re not losing any of the unwanted fat.
2. Cardio Kickboxing teaches self-defense skills. In cardio kickboxing classes, you will learn the basics of self defense like how to strike, knee, kick, and elbow strikes. Not many exercises will give you a physical workout and teach you life-saving skills at the same time.
3. Relieves stress. Most exercises release endorphins that make you feel good. Kicking and throwing punches will definitely let out some stress and frustration. Studies have shown that boxing exercises reduce feelings of anxiety and depression, too. Kickboxing is a healthy way to release your frustrations, help you get a good night’s rest, and improve mental clarity.
4. Boosts energy and improves endurance. Any exercise will boost your energy levels, but do not work out too much or the opposite will happen. Kickboxing improves your cardiovascular health and endurance by making your heart and lungs stronger. Kickboxing also teaches you the proper breathing techniques to keep you from getting winded during a workout.
5. Improves flexibility and mobility. Kicking will open your hips and stretch out your hip flexors. Punches improve your body’s core function. Flexibility is important for the health of our body, especially as we get older.
6. Burns major calories. The number of calories you burn while kickboxing depends on things like the format of the class and whether you are using a punching bag or not. Cardio kickboxing at Bill Taylor’s Bushido School of karate has been shown to burn anywhere from 500 to over 1,000 calories in ONE session.
If you’re in the Murfreesboro or Rutherford County area and Interested in taking cardio kickboxing classes at a martial arts dojo — come join us at Bill Taylor’s Bushido School of Karate in Murfreesboro! We have two convenient locations on North Broad Street and Business Campus Drive. At Bill Taylor’s Bushido School of Karate, we are committed to helping people of all ages discover the endless possibilities that come from the study of martial arts. If you would like more information on cardio kickboxing or any of our martial arts classes, give us a call at (615) 893-6003 or (615) 890-6755.